Thursday, October 22, 2009

Grandma's Diaries

My Grandmother Campbell always kept a diary. It may have been just a short one page per day summary of her day, but I loved the fact that the family now has something to go back and read about her. It is almost amazing to see how the simple things gave her such pleasures. We forget in this fast paced society about those little pleasures in life. Grandma never drove and didn't ever have a car after Grandpa died. So if she got to go somewhere someone took her. We just jump in a zoom off and never think of staying home for a solid week. It may seem simpler back then, but I'm sure Grandma had her struggles as well. The reason I've decided to start blogging is to remember the day and grasp the little things that may not seem so big today, but some year when we go back and read this, we can see those simple pleasures. My kids are growing so fast and it feels like just yesterday each of them were born. There is so much that goes on in a day that we tend to forget. Those crazy things the kids come up with or say, hopefully I can capture some of that here. No promises, but I hope to give this a great try.

Post one complete, well on my way I'd say! :)

1 comment:

  1. I loved reading Grandma's diaries! I hope you do well with your blog. I'm looking forward to reading your blogs.

    ReplyDelete