Friday, October 30, 2009

Trick or Treat, The fun is in the Tricking!


I can't believe how time flies. When I close my eyes for just a second I can see about eight or more of us kids all trick or treating together. Walking house to house. Now out in the country this is a feat! So after we got to all the houses we could walk to, mom would always drive us to those others that wanted us to stop by. Yeah, I said wanted us to stop by. Popcorn balls, Home made ones I mean, Apples, Oranges. You always knew who's house to go to to get what. Mary Stephens made the popcorn balls, Mary Russell was always ready with the fresh fruit. Uncle Jessie, not my Uncle, but we all called him that, always gave apples. Then of course tying stuffed dummies over tree limbs and pulling them up as a car approached. Purses left out by the road on strings. And always T-Peeing was going to happen. Big church basement parties. And dad would always pull us on a hay ride. With the tractor never failing to breakdown somewhere. I wish I could turn back the time and do one Halloween the way it was, but enjoy it with my kids. When you didn't worry about the candy being contaminated, or evil lurking.


But alas, here we are in the present. Dakota will be performing at the pumpkin path kickoff here in a while. The downtown hands out candy, but since we are having rain, it will be at the high school. Tobias dressed up for school today, but him and Coleton will get to dress up again tomorrow and go watch another Halloween parade Dakota will march in.


Have fun everyone and stay safe trick or treating!!!

1 comment: